With these risks in mind, and with the priority identified by the United Nations Sustainable Development Cooperation Framework to address inequalities in the country, the United Nations focus for 2022 onwards is to secure a more equitable Botswana. This will be achieved by greater inclusiveness at all levels of governance and implementation, and by ensuring no one is left behind. To do this, the United Nations will target vulnerable and marginalized members of society, including women, children, young people, persons with disabilities, members of the LGBTQI+ community, asylum seekers and refugees, ensuring a country where they can fulfil their potential and fully realize their human rights.
The following initiatives are key:
- Support the Voluntary National Review initiative
- Provide support to the Housing and Population Census
- Support the Government of Botswana to prepare NDP 12
- Operationalize UNSDF implementation structures
- Furthering UN efficiency and effectiveness agenda
- Develop a collective resource mobilization strategy for UNSDCF 2022–2026.